Abstract. Siregar BA, Giyanto, Hidayat SH, Siregar IZ, Tjahjono B. 2021. Diversity of Ralstonia pseudosolanacearum, the causal agent of bacterial wilt on Eucalyptus pellita in Indonesia. Biodiversitas 22: 2538-2545. The Ralstonia species complex was initially classified into five races and five biovars but the classification could not accommodate the isolates' phylogenetic history or geographic origins. A phylotype and sequevar system is based on the geographic distribution and characteristics of endoglucanase (egl) and hypersensitive response and pathogenicity (hrp) gene sequences. This study aims to describe pathogen diversity of the causal agent of bacterial wilt on Eucalyptus pellita F. Muell. Pathogens were isolated from wilting seedlings and trees in several Eucalyptus plantations. The phenotypic diversity analysis included biovar, exopolysaccharide quantification and virulence tests, while genotypic diversity included phylotypes and sequevar determination based on egl gene sequences. A total of 35 strains were isolated from the field and nurseries of Eucalyptus in various locations. All isolates were confirmed as Ralstonia species complex based on morphological characteristics and molecular studies using species-specific primers. These isolates were dominantly classified as biovar 3 and 4 and had a high variation on virulence and EPS production. Based on the egl sequence's alignment, 29 strains of Phylotype I are grouped into four sequevar references (sequevars 14, 17, 18, 30) and new a sequevar 58. This study shows that strains of R. pseudosolanacearum causing bacterial wilt on E. pellita in Indonesia have high phenotypic and genotypic diversities.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- NEO ENDRA LELANA, SURYO WIYONO, GIYANTO GIYANTO, ISKANDAR Z. SIREGAR, Genetic diversity of Falcataria moluccana and its relationship to the resistance of gall rust disease , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 19 No. 1 (2018)
- TRI WAHONO DYAH AYU SAYEKTI, MUHAMAD SYUKUR, SRI HENDRASTUTI HIDAYAT, AWANG MAHARIJAYA, Morphological response and genetic variability of four species of chili pepper (Capsicum spp.) under infection of pepper yellow leaf curl virus , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 11 (2021)
- TRI WAHONO DYAH AYU SAYEKTI, MUHAMAD SYUKUR, SRI HENDRASTUTI HIDAYAT, AWANG MAHARIJAYA, Diversity and genetic parameter of chili pepper (Capsicum annuum) based on yield component in three location , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 2 (2021)
- ESTER RAISA K. LASE, GIYANTO, DWI ANDREAS SANTOSA, Isolation, identification, and analysis of the invertase-producing bacteria abundance in sugarcane rhizosphere soil with different plant productivity levels , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 8 (2021)
- YULIANA SUSANTI, GIYANTO, MEITY SURADJI SINAGA, KIKIN HAMZAH MUTAQIN, BUDI TJAHJONO2, The potential of endophytic bacteria from the root of Eucalyptus pellita as a biocontrol agent against Ralstonia solanacearum , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 6 (2021)
- MIMI SUTRAWATI, SRI HENDRASTUTI HIDAYAT, GEDE SUASTIKA, BONNY PURNOMO WAHYU SUKARNO, ALI NURMANSYAH, Seed-transmission of Cowpea mild mottle virus on several varieties of soybean in Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 10 (2021)