Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word (.DOC not .DOCX), or RTF document file format.
- The text is single-spaced, one column; uses a 10-point font (or adjust to the template); employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Guidance for Authors.
- Most of the references come from current scientific journals (c. 80% published in the last 10 years), except for taxonomic papers.
- Where available, DOIs for the references have been provided.
- When available, a certificate for proofreading is included.